Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Call for Guest Posts

Instead of doing a "classic" post today, I wanted to take this opportunity to put out a call for anyone interested in doing a guest post on this blog.  I've just recently investigated the idea, and think it would provide some value to my readers to be able to put up a relevant guest post on occasion.  By "relevant" I would mean a post from someone with some level of expertise on topics I cover.  A non-exhaustive list of examples would be a tax accountant talking about the impact separation and divorce has on taxes, a financial planner talking about updating your financial plans following the property division that comes with a divorce, a realtor talking about picking out investment homes to potentially rent out in the future, a criminal defense attorney going into more detail about criminal law matters I've covered, and so on.

A guest post would have advantages for everyone involved.  It would give me the opportunity to provide my readers with a perspective I cannot provide them with otherwise, it would give my readers the chance to get some extra information about topics I cover, and it would give you a chance to expose your business to my readers - which at this point is a small but steadily growing number of people across Virginia.  Because I have discovered that people all over Virginia read this blog, I do not require a guest blogger to be located in the same part of Virginia as I am - in fact, I would be thrilled to have guest bloggers from other parts of the state.

The rules would be fairly simple.  E-mail me at SLeven@thebaldwinlawfirm.com to let me know you're interested, what your expertise is, what you plan to post about, and, if I don't already know you, give me some way to verify who you are and your qualifications.  If I approve, you will write the post (800-1200 words) and e-mail it to me.  I will review it to ensure that it complies with the Virginia Rules of Professional Conduct for me to post, and if it does, I will go ahead and add a header and footer indicating who wrote it, that any opinions expressed are your own, and providing a link to your website.  I will then run it all by you for a final time, and if you approve, I will post it.  If I find that changes are necessary, I will let you know what needs to be changed.

This is a standing offer, so I do not have a deadline by which you have to let me know you're interested.  Due to the holiday, however, I do not plan to post this upcoming Thursday, and probably will not next Thursday, either, so this post should be at the top of my blog for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment