Monday, May 11, 2015

A Letter to My Readers - This Blog's Status

Dear Readers,


If you are a regular reader of my blog you may be a little miffed at the fact that it's now been almost three weeks since my last blog post.  For that, I am sincerely sorry.  I have meant on multiple occasions to post, but it just hasn't happened.  Here's the situation, and what my plan is moving forward.


In February, the firm I work for lost one of its attorneys, dropping down from four attorneys to three.  While we often felt like there wasn't quite enough work to go around before, we discovered that we really had the perfect amount of work for around 3 and a half attorneys - so while we were underwhelmed a bit previously, we've been swamped work-wise since February.


This blog, despite only posting once per week, takes a lot of my time - I take my posts seriously, and my typical post results from a good 3 or more hours of work.  Moreover, as much as I love doing this blog, it is ultimately my hobby, not my job, and where this blog's schedule and my work schedule conflict, my work schedule has to prevail.  As time has gone on, I just have not been able to find the time to do these posts - and that came to a head in April.  In April, I had seven different contested hearings, including two trials, and just started to run out of steam blog-wise.  That has continued into May where my schedule simply has not given me the time for blog post construction that I used to have.


I still have much to say, and, I like to believe, much to contribute, but my previous goal of a post every week is likely out of reach at this point.  To that end, I hope to have my next post up sometime next week, then aim to do a blog post every other week thereafter.  Additionally, I will be changing the day of the week I post - for about six months now, Thursdays, my previous day of choice, have been a problem because I generally take Thursday afternoons off to watch my son (one of the perks of working for a small law firm really is that I get to spend an amount of time with my son that makes most other dads I know quite jealous).  Most weeks, it appears to me Friday is probably a better day.  However, this also comes with a pitfall - in most of my local jurisdictions, Fridays are motions days.  In Fairfax, Fridays are also landlord/tenant hearing days.  This means that there will be Fridays that just don't work.


So, in short - here's what you can expect in the future:  fewer posts, more hiatuses, but, I hope, the same quality content.  I am very sorry about the change, and if my schedule allows in the future, I will go back to once a week updates, but in the meantime, please do stay tuned - there is plenty more ahead.


Best Regards,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment